Frequently asked questions about Documents

Where should I send my documents once I have purchased my policy?

You can forward your documents to us by:

  1. MyAXA

    You can upload the documents in your MyAXA account.

  2. Branch

    You can bring the documents to any of our branches.

  3. Post

    Please forward the documents to:

    AXA Direct

    Derry Contact Centre

    2 Springtown Business Park


    BT48 0GY

If I buy a policy online when will I receive my documents?

Your policy documents will be available once initial payment is made. This will include a 14 day temporary insurance certificate, as we can only issue an annual certificate once we receive all outstanding documentation – for example, proof of No Claims Discount.

When received, you can download your annual insurance certificate, along with your other policy documents, in your MyAXA account. MyAXA, available to most of our Motor and Home customers, is home to all your policy documents and relevant information.

I bought my policy a while ago and still haven’t received my annual insurance cert.

Once we receive all your documents, you’ll be able to access your insurance certificate on MyAXA. You can also request your documents by filling out a documents request form. There is a £10 administration charge for the second and each subsequent copy of insurance certificate.

If you’re not sure which documents you have to send, log into MyAXA. You can upload any outstanding documents there too.

If I use my car to drive to or from work (or during the working day) what class of use should I have on my policy?

If you use your car to drive to work you should have Social Domestic and Pleasure plus Commuting cover on your policy. Please refer to Section 3 on your Certificate of Insurance to check the level of your cover. You can access this document in your MyAXA account.

How can I check who can or cannot drive my car?

This information is noted on your Certificate of Insurance; please refer to section 6 on this document. You may also access this document in your MyAXA account.

Am I covered to drive abroad?

Yes, you are covered to drive in Europe for up to 90 days during the period of your insurance policy.

What documents do I need to provide to receive my insurance certificate?

We will advise you which documents to forward when you set up your policy. As minimum new customers will need to provide the following:

Driver Licence:

  • ROI and UK licence holders will have to provide their driver licence number.
  • Licences issued outside ROI/UK must present the original document to us.

Driving History:

  • No claims discount earned in your own name - your own name we will require the original document confirming the number of years without claims, claims details, matching vehicle registration and expiry date, policy number.
  • Driving experience earned as a named driver - if you were named on another policy as a named driver we will ask you to provide a letter from previous insurer confirming drivers named, period of cover, details of any claims disclosed, policy number.
  • Driving experience earned on a company car - if you were driving a company car we will ask you to provide the below documents:

    • Letter from the insurance company confirming that you were covered on the company policy, number of claim free years and period of cover.
    • Letter from your employer confirming, period of cover, full time, exclusive use of the vehicle, no claims made on the vehicle during this period of time and confirmation that you no longer have the use of the company car.
  • Detail of previous claims - letter from previous insurer outlining date of loss, claim type, status and settlement amount of the claim.

  • We may also ask you to forward any additional documentation to ensure that you receive the right policy. This will be explained to you at the time of purchase.

Where should I send documents relating to my claim?

You can forward your documents to us by:

  1. MyAXA

    You can upload the documents in your MyAXA account.

  2. Branch

    You can bring the documents to any of our branches.

  3. Post

    Alternatively, you can forward the documents to:

    AXA Insurance dac,

    8th Floor,

    Riverside Tower,


    BT1 3 LN

  4. Email

    Unless an original document is requested you can send scanned documents as attachments via email to

    Important: Please include your claim number in the subject line of the email, followed by "i" (e.g. 123456789i).