Some claims advice to consider
- As part of your policy conditions felt roofs over 5 years old must be inspected by a professional builder every 3 years.
- Keep receipts for any expensive possessions as you will need to validate how much they cost you.
- Ensure that seals and grouting around showers and baths are regularly maintained to prevent water leakage.
- Do not dispose of any damaged items until agreed by AXA Insurance.
- Please contact our Customer Service Centre if your property becomes unoccupied or if there are any changes in occupancy e.g. (house let to tenants), as this may affect policy cover.
- Apartment owners, please check with your Management Company to see what cover is in place in respect of your fixtures and fittings. E.g. wooden flooring, kitchen units.
- If you have a holiday home holiday home you must switch off the water and electricity when unoccupied. This is a condition of your policy.