Some claims advice to consider
- Drain your water system if you will be away for a prolonged period of time (and leave a house key with your neighbour, just in case!).
- If you own a holiday home it is a condition of your policy that you drain the water and switch off the electricity if the property is unoccupied during the winter months.
- Check that your attic pipes are well insulated and leave the attic door ajar.
- Find out where your water stop cock is. In the event of burst pipes, this will enable you to turn off the water immediately and minimize damage.
- Programme your central heating system to come on intermittently.
- Check for and replace loose roof tiles before they cause damage and injure someone.
- Keep gutters, drains and gratings free of leaves and other debris.
- And if you do suffer loss or damage to your property ring AXA first on 0345 828 2823.
- If you have a holiday home holiday home you must switch off the water and electricity when unoccupied. This is a condition of your policy.