How can I calculate the amount I should insure my contents for?

Your contents sum insured should represent the total value of the possessions in your home. The general rule is that contents are all items that you would take with you if were to move home, in other words “moveable objects”.

For example, this will include;
  • Furniture
  • Clothes
  • Personal belongings

You should also take into account items such as;

  • Curtains
  • Carpets

Was this answer helpful?

How can we improve it?

Note: This form should only be used for general feedback, please do not enter your personal details or policy information here.

Submit feedback

Thanks for your feedback!

Get in touch