AXA car insurance can help you to get your vehicle repaired or replaced after loss or damage. But nothing can fully compensate you for the stress (and distress) that going without your own car can bring to your every day life.
You also have a responsibility to take reasonable steps to keep your car safe. We cannot control events but we can do some simple things that can avoid problems (or at least reduce their effects);
- If the weather is bad do you need to travel in the first place?
- Is your car serviced? Check that your service interval has not passed and remember, every second service should be “major” involving (potentially) an oil change, brake pads etc.
- Check your tyre pressure and thread depth
- Look for signs of wear and tear including the rear walls.
- Make up a “cold weather pack” to include a flashlight (with working batteries), warm blanket, breakdown warning triangle and a tow rope.
- Make sure your mobile phone is charged before any long or late journey.
- If you drive in the countryside and the road is flooded remember, you cannot gauge the water depth so be careful or take an alternative route.
- Park your vehicle where it will be well lit at night.