In April, we partnered with Business in the Community (BITC), a charity and the Prince’s Responsible Business Network, to help communities navigate their way through this difficult time.
Together, we launched The National Business Response Network which connects communities across the UK with the business support they need.
The BITC has over 750 member companies with vast regional and local connections. Through these we can identify national and local community needs and match them up to businesses that have the resources to help.
Our £1 million donation to the charity will accelerate the Network’s efforts to help our communities bounce back.
The network will focus its activity on helping communities in four key areas:
- Food: Ensuring people have continued access to food
- Technology: Support to enable children to continue learning, and older people to stay connected to families
- Community support: Support to vulnerable groups and older people to enable continued access to food, healthcare, social interaction and other essentials
- Small businesses: Creating resources with advice and practical tools specifically for small businesses; providing business continuity and wellbeing support through mentoring for small businesses
The business resources we will be matching to community needs are:
- Professional support: Using the untapped resources and goodwill of our member companies to provide human resources to support communities in the UK.
- Lending/donating resources: Lending or donating resources to organisations and people to meet needs.
- Logistics: Transportation of people, goods and services.
We’re delighted to be part of The National Business Response Network, which will play an important role in helping communities across the UK bounce back from this pandemic. Businesses that want to offer their support or community organisations looking for help can visit National Business Response Network.