What you need to know
A claim is, at best, a hassle and if handled incorrectly, then a claim can be a nightmare. You chose AXA because if something goes wrong, you want it sorted – quickly and fairly.
How to make a claim
To notify us of your car insurance claim, please phone 0345 828 2823, with details of the incident or you can Notify us Online.
If you're outside of Ireland and you need to make a claim on any of our insurance products, you can call us on 0044 345 828 2323 (day or night).
Claims advice: a third party is claiming from me
We will handle everything. Beyond exchanging contact and insurance details, do not sign or agree to anything. We will keep you up to date on any negotiations between us and the people claiming from you.
Our dedicated motor claims handlers are just a call away and will record the details of your claim, tell you what to expect from us, and take you through what to do next.
- Getting you and your car to safety
- Dealing with third parties
- Arranging repairs using our approved garage network
- Fully guaranteed repair work
- No paperwork for you
Making sure you're covered
Things don’t always work the way they should. That’s why with Car & Key Rescue*, you can be sure that we will come to your rescue day or night if your car breaks down.
We offer 24 hour breakdown assistance in the UK or Ireland
- If your car fails to start or your car breaks down.
- If you need help with a puncture.
- If you run out of petrol.
- If you can't complete your journey, we'll arrange local towing and help to get you home or make alternative arrangements.
We’ll also give you up to £1,500 to replace lost, stolen or damaged keys or fobs and up to £40 per day for up to three days car hire if you don't have a spare set. Claims won't affect your no claims discount.
*This is an additional extra that can be purchased with your car insurance policy. Check your schedule to see if you have this cover.
Our AXA Garage country wide network will assist you in getting back on the road as quickly as possible.
- We’ll have you back on the road within 24 hours if your windscreen is damaged and usually in less than 10 days if it’s accidental damage caused by you or a named driver.
- You get a courtesy car for up to 7 days (whilst we repair yours) because we know life has to go on.
- All repairs are to manufacturers standards and the workmanship is guaranteed for three years as long as the vehicle remains in your ownership.
- You may pay a reduced excess (the amount you pay toward any claim for accidental or malicious damage to your vehicle).
- Your vehicle is washed and vacuumed so it comes back to you in perfect condition.
And remember, claims for fire, theft, broken glass or the use of our motor rescue do not affect your hard earned no claims discount.
If your car is damaged by fire or as a result of theft we will repair it for you. If it is destroyed by fire or is stolen and not recovered (or is recovered with so much damage that repairs are not possible) we will pay you the market value of your car prior to your claim.
With AXA Car insurance, we will cover the cost of having your glass replaced or repaired without affecting your No Claims Discount*. This includes replacing or repairing broken or damaged windscreens and windows of your car.
If you have glass breakage cover and want to make a claim, you must telephone us on 0345 828 2823 before any repair/replacement work is carried out.
If you use one of our nominated repairers (AllGlass or Mr. Windscreen) cover will be unlimited**
* Glass cover is automatic if you have comprehensive insurance. You can add it to a Third Party or Third Party Fire and Theft policy for an additional premium.
** If you use your own repairer, cover will be limited to £150 for replacement glass